Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The Technical Writer is responsible to ensure requirements documents are created and maintained consistently to a high level while working in a fast paced environment and meeting aggressive schedule due dates. Ensures technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Follow specific set of documentation rules and guidelines to ensure technical content meets and exceeds customer expectations.
- Research and verify technical content as needed.
- Have daily interface with various engineering disciplines
- Evaluate technical content for cohesiveness and completeness.
- Proof and edit documents as needed to express written requirements in a clear and concise manner
- Working knowledge and understanding of documentation requirements in fields such as: manufacturing plans, design processes, test or laboratory procedures.
- Knowledge or demonstrated experience using documentation software.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Solid skill level in Microsoft Office products.
- Strong skills in technical writing and editing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture.
- Ability to work on a team or independently as needed.
- BS degree in Technical or Communications fields with Technical Writing experience
Education and Experience
Generally requires BS & 5 years or equivalent combination of education & experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years