Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Production Planner (Must have Active Secret Clearance)
Northrop Grumman Innovation System in Clearfield, UT is currently recruiting for a Production Planner
The Production Planner is responsible for coordinating daily manufacturing related activities between Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality and Engineering departments. This position is responsible to support the production control function maintaining schedules and material requirements and availability for the manufacture of programs for the (FCC) COE.
This role will be in Cleafield, Utah for a period of time in order for Clearance to be ganted and then moved to Magna, Utah(Please make note of the 25 distance between two facilities)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materials, and services are provided as needed; schedules equipment; confirms material supply and demands.
- Schedule FCC production areas as assigned
- Executing and releasing production work orders which will identify the material, quantity and date required that support the program requirements.
- Support IPTs.
- Perform Cost Point transactions as necessary
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2-4 years of manufacturing production control and scheduling experience in an manufacturing environment.
- Experience working in a manufacturing experience.
- Microsoft Office- Excel skills a must.
- MRP/ERP experience.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution System (Solumina experience a plus).
- 4 year degree Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related preferred, or High School diploma with 8 years’ experience
- Production scheduling experience
- Material planning experience
Competencies for success:
- Must be a quick learner and able to react quickly in fast paced environment.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed, proactive.
- Ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment.
- Strong decision making skills and ability to communicate clearly and in a manner that supports the business.
Role can be filled at a lower level 13P - BS Degree and or High School Diploma and 2-4 years of manufacturing production control and scheduling experience in an manufacturing environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years