Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Principal RF Electrical Engineer (must have current and active secret clearance)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer
This position will support electromagnetics and radio frequency (RF) testing. Working knowledge of RF testing of structures, antennas, radomes, and other aerospace related components is a must. The qualified applicant shall be able to perform data analysis and present findings to program engineering teams, be able to author or review RF test plans, and provide input to test fixture design, manufacturing, and set-up. Daily communication with management staff, program/Integrated Product Team (IPT) members, and customers is expected.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Active Secret DoD Clearance within 5 ½ years of last investigation
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (ABET), specializing in RF / Electromagnetics; M.S. is desirable
- Minimum 7 years with a BS and 5 years with an MS.
- Relevant experience in aerospace industry, with experience in testing and analysis of structures, conformal antennas/apertures, arrays, and Radomes
- Solid background in electromagnetics
- Working experience with test and evaluation of microwave devices
- Verification of antenna, radome, and structure performance through prototype fabrication, integration into test fixture(s), and testing
- Experience with commercial data analysis software, such as Knowbell and/or Pioneer
- Familiarity with Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) tools
- Willingness to work cooperatively in a team
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience fostering and leading in a culture of continuous improvement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Working experience within various anechoic test chambers
- Ability to create software algorithms for design, optimization, and data analysis using tools such as MATLAB or FORTRAN
- Proficiency with Computational Electromagnetic (CEM) codes such as HFSS, FEKO, PMM, XPATCH, RAM2D, etc.
- Familiar with common material measurements for the extraction of electrical properties
- Knowledge of composite manufacturing processes
- Ability to work across multiple projects and follow through to completion
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong attention to detail
- Initiative, self-starter, adaptable, and high motivation for excellence
- High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interface with an organization at all levels
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years