Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Program Scheduler (Must have current and active secret clearance)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
The Program Scheduler will create, maintain and status network-based, Program Integrated Master Schedules in support of aerospace engineering development programs in an EVMS reporting environment using Microsoft Project version 2010.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Fully understands critical path schedule network processing, driven by logic, durations and date constraints.
- Experience with IMP/IMS schedule structure as well as schedules based on Work Breakdown Structures.
- Ability to develop schedules that are traceable to the Statement of Work.
- Full understanding of Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) scheduling discipline and experience with developing schedules that integrate with EVMS financial systems.
- Ability to create and implement coding structures and use custom fields to generate schedule exception reports relative to the SOW, WBS, IMP/IMS, EVMS, time, manager, float values, etc.
- Experience with schedule health metrics, including the DCMA 14-point assessment criteria.
- Experience exporting schedule data to Excel and working with responsible CAMs to gather and report schedule status and productivity metrics per weekly and monthly reporting cycles, and in accordance with government IPRM requirements.
- Experience with critical and driving path identification and analysis.
- Experience with schedule risk analysis (SRA) software utilizing a Monte Carlo 3-point assessment.
- Experience resource loading schedules, including both labor and material.
- Exposure to MRP/ERP and shop floor MES systems with experience aligning program schedules with the manufacturing/production system.
- Motivated to work independently with minimum supervision, yet understands the importance of the Program Scheduler role in contributing to the overall success of the program team.
- Strong understanding of schedule baseline control with experience initiating program change requests to document and execute schedule changes.
- Experience with Milestones Professional software (or equivalent) to electronically create top level Program Roadmap or other schedule presentation charts.
- Familiarity integrating external customer or subcontractor program activity into the Program master schedule.
- BA/BS degree, preferably in business, supply chain or engineering with 10 years of related experience in aerospace or construction scheduling, or a Master’s degree with 8 years related experience.
- Active, Secret DOD security clearance preferred.
- Proficient in MS Project, Primavera P6, or Open Plan automated scheduling systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Competencies for Success:
- Ability to work with minimal direction in a dynamic, face-paced environment (ability to be flexible in an environment where change is ever-present).
- High energy, results oriented (commitment to follow up), self-motivated /self-directed, proactive, team player.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to learn from mistakes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with and drive deliverables from individuals at all levels within the organization.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong attention to detail.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years