Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Design Engineer (Current Active Clearance Required)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Flight Systems is currently searching for a Composite Design Engineer at the Clearfield, Utah location:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop 3D model based product designs in collaboration with Design and Analysis Engineers
- Insure models and drawings meet all department standards and customer requirements.
- Present models and drawings in design reviews
- Ability produce accurate and efficient work in a fasted paced environment
- Collaborate with manufacturing and tool design engineers to ensure manufacturability and cost goals are achieved
- Ability to effectively problem solve with a team..
- 7-12 years Design and Modeling experience
- Minimum of 4 years design experience with composite materials
- Experience with NX and Fibersim
- Active DOD Secret Security Clearance
- Familiar with aircraft and aerospace structures
- Working knowledge of GD&T.
- •Knowledge of MS Office.
- •Ability to work in a team environment.
- •Ability and willingness to work overtime as necessary is required.
- •Experience with model checking for accuracy and model integrity
- •TcUA experience is a plus.
- •Experience in checking drawings a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years