Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Composite Structural Design Engineer Contract-Project Engineer (Must have Active Secret Clearance)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a Composite Structural Design Engineer to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
This is an hourly contract role
Must have Active Secret Clearance
Role description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated design engineer with experience designing composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the design of laminates, sandwich structures, and bonded and bolted assemblies. Skills should include relationally linked modeling, establishing datum schemes for assemblies, and performing tolerance stackup analysis.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- Must have an active clearance with an investigation within the last 4.5 years (or 4 years 6 months)
- BS in Engineering with a minimum of 7 years related experience in design engineering function
- Minimum of 6 years of experience with Siemens NX or Catia V5 for component and assembly design
- Experience leading a team of engineers
- Assembly level design including establishment of data schemes and tolerance analysis
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim
- CAD automation, programming, script writing
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Temporary
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years