Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Structural Analysis Engineer (Candidates must have an active-current Secret Clearance to be considered)
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Principal Composite Structure Analysis Engineer to join our team in our Clearfield, UT offices.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated analysis engineer with composite structures experience for military and/or commercial aircraft. Responsibilities include but are not limited to static and dynamic analysis of composite structures, bonded and bolted assemblies
The candidate also have experience with composite material mechanical characterization and dynamic testing (modal, forced vibe acoustic etc.) of coupon and subelements. Ability to define and lead characterization and test activities, including: authoring test plans and test reports, data reduction and calculation of material allowables.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or related with a minimum of 8 years related experience in analysis engineering function
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with Nastran or ABAQUS
- Static, dynamic and thermostructural analysis experience
- Test lab experience, including instrumentation and data reduction
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
- Proficiency with NX, Catia V5, Fibersim, Altair Hyperworks/Optistruct, and Hypersizer are also desirable
- Definition of layups and ply patterns with Fibersim to generate finite element models
- Requirements definition and verification
- Constitutive Model Development and implementation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: +10 Years