Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Tool Design Engineer (Must have current and active secret clearance)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Group in Clearfield, Utah is seeking an experienced Sr. Tool Design Engineer
Role description & Responsibilities:
Highly motivated tool design engineer with experience in tooling for composite structures and assemblies for military and/or commercial aircraft. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the design of tooling for composite aerospace part, structural analysis of tools using closed and FEA, support of tool fabrication efforts, tool source inspection and support of proofing operations at Northrop Grumman facilities.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET LEVEL SECURITY CLEARANCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE
- BS in Civil, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or related with a minimum of 7 years related experience in design engineering function
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with CATIA V5 and/or NX
- Previous experience working with large scale aerospace projects
- Knowledge of composite materials and manufacturing processes
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment as part of a multi-discipline team
- Active Department of Defense Secret Level Clearance
- Proficiency with NX, Catia V is desirable
- Previous experience with working process, testing or product design engineering for aerospace parts
- Requirements definition and verification
- Previous experience in aerospace manufacturing facility
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a team
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- BS degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related
This position can be filled at one level lower requiring a BS in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering, or related and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 3-5 Years