Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems Careers
Sr. Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) - Magna Utah
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently recruiting for an Information Assurance Analyst / Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support the Magna, Utah facility.
This position is will work with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) to interpret requirements, develop procedures, and monitor practices to ensure company and government requirements are appropriately implemented. May function as a liaison between the organization and customers and other company and external organizations. Investigates, analyzes, and resolves moderately complex questions and problems.
Assist with implementation and maintenance of information assurance oversight, policy, and procedure development, and related functions in compliance with RMF (JSIG), NISPOM (DAAPM), and other government and / or company regulatory requirements. As part of the Security Team, the position is responsible for implementing, operating, and monitoring security requirements both technical and administrative on classified systems.
- Developing and maintaining A&A packages for classified information systems.
- Preparing and analyzing test results for development into a POA&M.
- Providing information security support and technical security guidance in all phases of the system life cycle.
- Conduct weekly systems audits of both automated and manual audit logs.
- Performing software patch installation, antivirus updates, and conducting security self-reviews.
- Ensuring configuration management (CM) for security-relevant software, hardware, and firmware is maintained and documented.
- Perform evaluation and obtain DAA authorization for new software, hardware, and firmware before implementation on the system.
- Identifying security vulnerabilities and providing guidance on mitigating risks
- Initiating protective or corrective measures when a security incident or vulnerability is discovered.
- Ensuring that system recovery processes are monitored to ensure that security features and procedures are properly restored.
- Representing IA in security, project, and technical exchange meetings
- Perform system administration and network administration functions
- Ensuring that all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before being granted access to systems.
- Must be available for occasional after hours assistance. Limited travel within the continental United States may be required.
- Must have an active in-scope Security Clearance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred. Combination of related industrial/cybersecurity security experience will be considered.
- U.S. Citizenship and must be able to maintain a Secret security clearance and pass DoDM 5205.07-V2/DCID/JAFAN 6/4 eligibility.
- Possession of DoD 8140 (DoD 8570) compliant certification (Security+, GSEC, CISSP, etc…) and completion of appropriate USG-sponsored (DOD, DNI, etc.) ISSO/ISSM training courses desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of C&A/A&A experience directly related to, or a combination of, either the RMF/JSIG, NISPOM, DCID 6/3 and JFAN 6/3 accreditation processes, and 2 years in system administration/desktop support.
- Knowledge of RMF (JSIG) and NISPOM Chapter 8 practices desired.
- A working knowledge of COMSEC equipment to include handling keying material and troubleshooting encryption devices.
- Must have the ability to conduct validation testing using automated assessment tools.
- Must possess excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Experience in the use of Windows Operating Systems, in physical and virtual environments.
- Specialized knowledge in areas such as security training and awareness, computer forensic investigations, systems security administration, data recovery and network security control, design and implementation, as well as facility and physical security requirements are a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Please check out latest NGC-ISG video
Job Type: Full Time
Desired Travel: less than 25%
Years of Experience: 5-8 Years